Online UX Bootcamps
Updated: Mar 3
As I do research on UX bootcamps, there seems to be a convergence on offerings:
• A job guarantee if you don't get a job within six months
• Average price seems to be around $8,000 USD
• Mentors are a core component
• Project work is individual
• Many of them offer part-time offerings
• Very process-oriented
There is a varied range of time spent doing the bootcamps. Everything from General Assembly's 10/12-week program (way too short!) to CareerFoundry's 36-week program. Of course, the time is impacted by whether you do full-time or part-time.
As I look forward to launching another UX boot camp into the space, I look for ways to stand out.
My personal opinion about bootcamps is they are,
An undertaking that requires one to endure intensive training on a specific topic for a quantified amount of time. You cannot go part-time to a bootcamp.
What do you want to see in a UX boot camp?